My other travel blog, with posts about travelling Asia, living in Fiji and more, can be found at
http://jenmarysmithtravels.blogspot.co.uk

If you would like to contact me, my email is jenmarysmith5@gmail.com

Tuesday 1 September 2015

Back in Blighty For the Summer...

Just a little snippet into my three weeks back home this summer. London, Teignmouth, Cullompton, Exeter, Camborne, St. Ives, Cheddar, Bristol....it was a mini tour of the South West of England (and London on the side). As always, my family and friends made my summer. If you'll allow me to get soppy for a second, I am incredibly lucky to have such lovely people in my life, forever patient with my ever-changing ideas and general route through life!

Alright, now onto the pictures...

Breakfast at 'Spoons in London. Standard.

Random street art in North London. Always great to discover little quirky bits in my home city.

Ceri and I just before our readings at Gemma's wedding in Cullompton.

Gemma, the beautiful bride.

Wedding party looking very dashing.

Lego people name-tags!


Poloroid photo booth.

Lovely Cornwall views, just a short drive from Camborne.

Ah, cider. One of the many things I miss about the UK. Don't judge me.

Getting into a boat to head to St. Michaels's Mount.

St. Michael's Mout, which apparently has quite a few myths and legends surrounding it.

Spot of tea next to St. Michael's Mount.


Cream tea at St. Ives.

Cream tea, the Cornish way. Jam first, cream second. Totally on their side with that one.


One of St. Ives oldest pubs.


Paddling with a gammy toe. Quite the feat, I can assure you.



Another blushing bride, Donna, with her new husband Charlie.


My family enjoying a quick pint at Teignmouth harbour.

One of those rare British summer days.

Alice's own personal prosecco.

(l-r) Jess, Alice and Verity just after massages, and before cocktail-making!

(l-r) Jess and I

Personalised chocolates too, courtesy of Verity!

An unexpectedly beautiful dusky evening by the river in Bristol.

Pastel-coloured houses, swan floating down the river...doesn't get much more English than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment